Career Advising ServicesWould you like to sit down and talk to a career advisor about your job search? NOVA's professional career advisors are available to work with you one on one so that you can move forward with your job-search efforts. Why make an appointment? Career advisors are experts in resumes, interviewing, and job-search techniques. They are friendly and the service is free!
How can a career advisor help me?
- Bring in a job description and get help targeting your resume.
- Get help with questions you don't know how to answer on a job application.
- Role play an interview.
- Learn networking techniques.
- Gain courage to do informational interviews.
- Get help on your thank-you letter for a recent interview.
- Identify concrete next steps in your job search.
- Above all, the career advisors will provide encouragement and help you stay focused on finding your next job.
How to access career advising servicesIn-Person Career Advising Career advisors are available to meet with you for one on one job-search assistance. To speak with a career advisor, complete our online request form or contact the NOVA Job Center front desk.
Ask the Career Advisor Have a question for an advisor but don't think you need a full one on one meeting? This group session is your opportunity to drop in and have your questions answered.
Advice Line Do you have a quick question for a Career Advisor that can be answered over the phone? Complete our online request form and a Career Advisor will call you.
Training Questions Are you exploring training as a tool to help you reenter the workforce? Schedule a meeting with a Training Advisor for general training questions, assistance with your career research, or to review your completed career research. To speak with a training career advisor, complete our online request form
You need to be a registered NOVA Job Center member to access career advising services.