Ways to use LinkedIn
- Create a strong profile that markets your skills and work history.
- Use LinkedIn groups to target industry-specific positions. Often recruiters or hiring managers will post openings on the discussion or job tab.
- Posting articles and responding to questions on LinkedIn groups is an ideal way to show that you are involved and knowledgeable about your field.
- Use LinkedIn Jobs to find positions posted on LinkedIn. You may find that you are connected to the person posting the position.
- Follow companies on LinkedIn.
- Use the advanced search features to find people that you used to work with (search = previous company name + past). They may be working at some of the companies you are targeting.
Ways to use TwitterEstablish yourself as an expert by:
- tweeting about your field.
- giving a tip.
- talking about an article.
- following people.
Ways to use Facebook
- Post content relevant to your job search or career.
- Keep your profile professional.
- Remove all personal information and limit photos.
- Complete the “About Me” information with professional data.
- Use privacy settings and review monthly for changes.
- Find companies and follow for updates, information, and job postings.